Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are recruiting for a Senior ILS Engineer to lead and direct ILS through-life, aligned to a key NATO program. The business have recently been awarded a contract for the design and development of a range of operational training electronic warfare pods by the MoD on behalf of NATO. This will provide realistic training in electronic warfare to the member countries, in order to be able to operate in a real time situation.
The position is based at Bournemouth International Airport requiring occasional customer travel. The Senior ILS Engineer position reports to the Head of Systems based in Marlow.
As a Senior ILS Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Extensive experience in all aspects of ILS (supportability analysis, AR&M analysis, planning and implementation of ISS).
understanding of CLS and availability-based ISS, performance metrics and KPIs
Guide project engineers towards fulfilling specific supportability requirements
Experience of airborne electronic equipment projects from both hardware and software viewpoint
Experience of working with the military ILS programmes
Experience in the use of MIL-HDBK-217 and RIAC-217Plus using RELEX software
Experience in generating FMECA to functional block/component level using MIL-STD-1629A as a guide
Experience of generating Maintainability/Testability Analysis to DEF-STAN-0040
Experience in developing customer/end user maintenance training with appropriate spares allocation
Experience within the defence industry or of working with defence contractors
SC Clearance or ability to be SC cleared.
Experience of Electronic Warfare (EW) equipment would be beneficial
Experience of airworthiness requirements and regulations would be desirable but not essential.
Experience working to regulatory standards
Experience in the military, particularly with aircraft and avionics equipment
Understanding of project lifecycle management process
As the Senior ILS Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- ILS for Electronic Warfare systems.
- ILS for bids and proposals at Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
- Develop ILS processes to ensure that the relevant requirements and ILS KPIs are being achieved
- Perform detailed supportability analysis tasks.
- Perform detailed availability, reliability and maintainability/testability analysis tasks, including Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Block Diagrams, Reliability Predictions (Parts Stress) and MTTR Analysis
- Produce and maintain ILS Plans (Integrated Support Plan, ILS Statement of Work and lower level element plans).
- Produce and maintain ILS SOWs for subcontractors.
- Manage subcontractor ILS deliverables.
- Establish process for measuring and recording availability performance of equipment
- Liaise with Cobham Aerospace Connectivity technical publications, training, safety and environmental functions.
- Liaise with Cobham Aerospace Connectivity Technical Services organisation to establish In-Service Support (ISS) capability for the equipment.
- Work as part of fully integrated project team.
- Liaise with prime contractor and customer organisations to fulfil ILS requirements such as documentation and supporting customer design/ILS Reviews as the lead project ILS POC
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Manufacturers of secure, reliable communications and navigation systems
We are innovative system integrators with a pedigree of capability in Communications, Navigation and Electronic Warfare for aerospace and defence. Through continual innovation, we are able to supply highly resilient, totally dependable systems with low through-life costs that deliver outstanding performance and value. Our air, land and maritime products include Antenna Systems, Anti-Jam GPS, Radio, Audio, Air Traffic Management Systems and Electronic Warfare.